SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A South Korean tour operator says North Korea will allow a group of southern businessmen to visit a troubled joint resort in the North despite continuing friction between the countries.
The Hyundai Asan tour operator said Tuesday that about 10 officials will travel Friday to the North's Diamond Mountain for an annual ceremony commemorating the death of former Asan chairman Chung Mong-hun. The company says North Korea approved the trip last week.
South Korea suspended tours to the mountain in 2008 after a North Korean soldier shot and killed a South Korean tourist.
North Korea last year seized South Korean properties and kicked out South Korean workers from the resort after Seoul's refusal to resume the tours. North Korea is trying to develop the resort with international investors.