Emergency officials say a fire at Dublin's famed Guinness brewery has badly damaged a storage building and left two firefighters hospitalized.
Guinness parent company Diageo says Monday's fire happened as construction workers were repairing the felt-lined roof of the unoccupied building, one of dozens on the sprawling brewery site.
Dublin Fire Brigade says it took 15 units about three hours to bring the flames under control. Two firefighters were in stable condition at the nearby St. James Hospital after inhaling what colleagues suspected was ammonia gas.
Diageo says the building stored containers, not beer, and brewing operations continued in other buildings while firefighters battled the blaze.
The fire sent billowing black smoke over the Dublin skyline.