My favorite anti-inflammatory supplement, curcumin, is derived from the beautiful yellow spice turmeric. It’s difficult to get a clinically significant dose of curcumin by having the occasional curry for dinner, but adding turmeric to your daily routine in the form of this delicious golden milk won’t hurt anyone and helps soothe and relax you for bed time. It’s delicious, and the fat from the coconut oil and the black pepper help you better absorb the curcumin in your cup. Drink up and enjoy every night.
- ½ teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, allspice
- ½ teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients except honey in a saucepan over medium heat until spices are thoroughly absorbed. Stir frequently and do not allow to boil.
- Remove milk from the heat and add sweetener. You can adjust the amount up or down for your taste, but a ½ teaspoon is a good starting place.
- I prefer to drink this hot, but sometimes in the summer I may have it iced. Drink up about half an hour before bed.