- The repetition usually initially of a sound that is usually a consonant in two or more neighboring words or syllables (as wild and woolly, threatening throngs)
MY DEAR MR. MULLINGS!
- Why would you include an example like “threatening th …” oh, thRongs.
- Never mind.
- The National Proffreaders Association.
- How much coverage did your hometown paper give to the guilty plea of one Lauren Weiner last week? None? Hmm. I’m shocked.
- Ms. Weiner was a staff member at the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee which is chaired by NY Senator Chuck Schumer. Weiner illegally got a credit report on Maryland Lt. Gov. Michael Steele.
- Steele is an African-American. He is an African-American who is running for US Senate.
- As a Republican.
- Can you imagine the hue and cry if a member of the REPUBLICAN Senate campaign committee had illegally dug up credit info on, say, Barak Obama when he was running?
- The Post piece about this did not run on the front page of the “A” section. It didn’t even run on the front page of the “B” section.
- The Post decided that a Democratic Dirty Trick was only worth space on B2.