My heart is sick. I feel so sorry for those that were murdered, as well as the parents and loved ones of the slain students and professors—and all of us here at ClashRadio.com pray for those whose lives were just senselessly shattered.
But imagine if at least one Virginia Tech student (with a concealed weapons permit) had his .40 caliber Glock with him, locked and loaded, when this little Charlie Chan chump began his murderous mayhem last Monday on the Hokie campus? What would have happened differently?
Would idiot boy have been able to slay 32 students and professors? I doubt it. But then again . . . who knows?
However, I’m a guessin’ that this terminal turd might not have dealt out as much death (if any) if the good guy with the gun drew down on him and doubled tapped the center mass of this ass with a couple of 165 grain COR-BON jacket hollow points.
Yes, if there had been a good guy with a gun, who was licensed and allowed to carry it into class, he could have sent this spawn of Satan to hell where he belongs. In Hades, Cho could, forever in eternity, whine to Hitler and Beelzebub about rich kids, cognac, loneliness and hedonism while wearing a baby blue “Poor Frickin’ Me” T-Shirt and pink tutu.
Unfortunately, there was no concealed weapon in the possession of a concerned citizen to stop this satanic weed from taking root because guns are disallowed on campus. Correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t the majority of the mass murders within the US in the last 20-30 years been in the Gun Free Zones? Why don’t one of you industrious bloggers Google that stat and get back to me?
Gun Free Zones turn the people who inhabit such places into sitting ducks for insane whack jobs with death wishes. I know, I know, there are campus cops and security guards with plastic badges, golf carts, walkie talkies and pepper spray; however, as a soon to be father of a college student, that line of defense brings zero comfort to me if serious bullet flying $#*& starts hitting the fan in one of her classes.
Look, even the best Rambo like police force equipped to the teeth, driving Vipers and descending en masse on campus in Black Hawk helicopters could not have responded fast enough to kill this Killer Korean Kid. But a fast thinking, well-trained student or professor could have.
I hate to seem pessimistic, but given this post-911 era and our current crappy culture, I don’t see an atmospheric break in this violent weather pattern. I guarantee that even as I type and our nation weeps, there is, somewhere in the United States of Political Correctness, some Islamic Radical or some other disenfranchised dipstick making plans on how he can trump The Question Mark Kid’s quota. Chilling.
Until we realize that a trained, licensed and armed civilian is a viable force against these murderous foes on campus, I suggest that both teachers and students learn to capture and kill a murderous puke with whatever is at hand.
As a matter of fact, until they lift this Gun Free Zone zaniness, if I were at a university, I’d pack my backpack or have on my person these things:
1. A big, I talkin’ huge, sturdy knife and fork. If anyone asks, I’d tell them it’s for my lunch of Bumblebee Tuna.
2. A roll of quarters. I’d hold it in my fist and clock any SOB out to do us harm.
3. A rod iron walking cane made with a sharp handle. I’d learn how to swing it like Babe Ruth. I would practice smacking cantaloupes on the weekend.
4. A high voltage tazer. “High” being the operative word.
5. A seeing-eye pit bull. This wouldn’t fit in the backpack, and I’d have to pretend like I was blind—but whatever it takes.
6. A letter opener that happens to be long enough to reach a lung.
7. A pet rock. I would officially adopt it and learn how to fling it like King David.
8. A black belt in martial arts. I’d start with Jiu-Jitsu.
9. A wrist rocket. I would just happen to have a dozen pinballs with me at all times.
10. A chair. This, too, is something I wouldn’t need to carry around with me all the time. But since chairs are readily accessible in most university classrooms, I’d learn how to throw one with deadly—or at least diversionary—precision.
I know the above is not pretty or pleasant, but when foul devils can walk into a classroom and kill Amish school girls and innocent college students, as far as I’m concerned, the gloves have officially come off. My advice to students, professors and school administrators is to forego the pep rallies for a while and instead, have a “Stomp the Next Perp Prep Rally.” You’ve got to unite. Develop a strategy.
Call me simple. Call me a redneck. Call me whatever the heck you wanna call me—but until we allow credible and licensed, proven and protective profs and scholars to carry a weapon on campus, we will see this murderous madness occur again and again and again.
Long live the right to keep and bear arms.
* Logon to ClashRadio.com and check out Doug Giles’ interview with rock icon and gun activist Ted Nugent as they discuss the Virginia Tech massacre. In addition, Giles talks with weapons expert, Kelsey Hilderbrand about building a self defense battery in this special addition of ClashRadio.com. Lastly, take a look at Doug’s NEW VIDEO, Gun Free Zones: A Mass Murderers Wet Dream.