Barack Obama is to Christianity what Michael Jackson is to heterosexuality. He might be one, but he’s not the poster child for the cause. You know, when I watch Obama and the other overtly ideological southpaw’s queue up to play the Christ card, it takes me back to Kerry in ’04 when he tried to convince gun owners and hunters that he’s a Nimrod.
The fact is that if evangelicals didn’t represent a president-making voting block, they would get the same attention from our liberal brethren as Ugly Betty at a Playboy party. Since evangelicals swing a big stick, the Democrats (which have been rabidly anti-religious in their rhetoric up until . . . uh . . . today) have begun to stamp dove and fish stickers on their bids for office, and Barack is leading their haggard Hallelujah chorus.
Yeah, as of late, Obama has been telling his compadres that they need to cease and desist with the anti-Christ blather and dial down when it comes to:
- dissing the role faith plays in the American collective,
- going Rosie whenever “God” or “Christ” or “Moses” is mentioned in public,
- trying to butcher the Pledge of Allegiance because it contains the phrase “under God” and because of their fear that “it could, if repeated often enough, morph a child into Jerry Falwell—slick hair, big belly, bible and all.”
This is cool, and I appreciate BO throwing us conservative bible thumpers a bone in trying to relax his party’s violent knee jerks to our religious liberties; however, the aforementioned props that Barack is currently (and possibly temporarily) parsing out are really no consolation when it comes to the strident, anti-biblical views this young hopeful holds. Y’know, like the stuff my colleague Kevin McCullough recently pointed out:
- As a state legislator he actively worked to preserve availability of abortion in all nine months of pregnancy.
- He opposed parental notification for abortion.
- He opposed any and all bans on partial birth abortion (an act that includes delivery of the baby up to the head, the crushing of the baby's brain, the suctioning of the brain matter and then completed delivery of the child's deflated cranium).
- In his run for the U.S. Senate, Obama asked his wife to pen a letter to Illinois voters that reassured them of his commitment to fighting for the right to butcher children in the womb.
- His long support of the advance of the radical homosexual activist lobby in their pursuit to destroy traditional marriage.
- His support of the creation of "special rights" for people who engage in homosexuality for the sole purpose of putting them at the front of the line on issues of employment, housing and litigation.
- His solid backing of the advancement of all "hate crimes" legislation, which ultimately may be used to silence clergy who believe, according to their own convictions, that homosexual behavior is wrong and preach the same from biblical texts.
- His perfect voting record against the defense of marriage.
- He advocates continued funding for Planned Parenthood clinics in our nation's inner cities, which are performing genocide against the populations of African Americans living there.
- And most damnable of all, when a brave nurse named Jill Stanek brought about national awareness to a practice at a local hospital in suburban Chicago that allowed the starvation and neglect of newly born children who had survived abortion procedures, Obama—“the Christian”—opposed her. He opposed the rights of those children to be given the chance to live, and he advocated against a ban on such procedures—then known as "born alive abortions."
C’mon, Barack. You can’t play the Mother-Teresa- I’m-a-good-Christian-man card when your voting record is that watery towards biblical verities. The only way Obama and his followers can keep Christ and their liberal credo is to blow off huge chunks of the Bible and replace the scripture with the make-believe notions of postmodernism's new malleable "Christ.”
The Christian skipping around the maypole wearing his rose-colored glasses who has a bent to the liberal left needs to understand something: if it were left up to the modern, secularized liberal establishment, they would be marginalized to a spiritual ghetto on the sidelines of life.
Your vote for a liberal “Christian” is most likely a vote for:
- Christianity to be scrubbed from government and whatever turf the government owns.
- Secularism to be continually mainlined into our public school system and for Christianity to be vilified in campus life.
- Public officials, employees and appointees to be pressured to hide their faith in the closet and suppress their public displays of belief in God lest they be grouped with Hitler or Osama and then fired.
- Public attacks on churches and Christians in a continued attempt to restrict them in the private sector.
- The continued media endorsement of the same putrid, hedonistic stuff that sunk ancient civilizations. You could then expect your kids to continue to be exposed to things that only Kid Rock sees backstage.
- Terrorists to move about and organize more freely.
Modern liberalism, no matter how Barack and his buddies prop up their Church of the New Groove, tosses out the scripture on several different and solemn levels. How a true believer in Christ (Christ as defined by the scripture) can say he or she believes in what Jesus, the prophets and apostles said and side with such a liberal politico simply because he is “positive and youthful” is beyond me.
Christian, don’t over steer to the Left because the Right has driven parts of our party and nation into the ditch. I know portions of the GOP suck when it comes to standing up to biblical principles. However, we suck less than the liberals do.
One last thing, Barack Obama is Bill Clinton with a tan. Don’t forget that.
* Logon to www.ClashRadio.com and check out Doug’s new video “Embrace the Clash”. Also listen to this week’s interview with Stephen Gabriel as they discuss his book, To Be A Father: 200 Promises That Will Transform You, Your Marriage, and Your Family.