I don’t watch the show “Empire,” so I’d never heard of Jussie Smollett before the story broke that he was physically assaulted in an apparent racist, homophobic attack. I suspect most Americans, like myself, thought his story was fishy from the very beginning. Nonetheless, as Americans tend to do, we gave him the benefit of the doubt until more details emerged.
His story seemed so unrealistic and convenient I assumed it would be a day or two before it all blew up in his face. It simply never added up. Trust me, I’ve been a thug (before Christ) and I’ve been the victim of a violent crime, if criminals had the time to tie a noose around your neck and shout “this is MAGA country” in your face, you’d remember some specific details about their features, clothing, smells, etc.
Stop and think about it. What black man in Chicago, one of the most liberal cities in all of America, is attacked in the middle of the night because he’s black or gay? It would be different if Smollett were robbed for money or gangsters mistook him for someone else. That wasn’t the case. Additionally, on the night of the attack, temperatures were well below freezing. Wouldn’t Smollett have been bundled up? I wouldn’t recognize the guy on the red carpet, let alone during an arctic blizzard! How is an attacker going to recognize and target him specifically because of his skin color and lifestyle?!
Democrats like Jussie Smollett shouldn’t be able to get away with fabricating stories created to divide Americans and simply walk away with a slap on the wrist. However, since this story no longer serves its intended to purpose to destroy Trump, I suspect his left-wing media allies will sweep it under the rug as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, here are some useful takeaways from the Jussie Smollett hoax:
1) Political correctness forbade us from calling BS: Face it, although most of us instinctively knew the story was a hoax from the onset, for fear of being labeled racists or homophobes by strangers, we decided to sit back and trust the cops and the media while hoping for the best. The left has us where they want us. Not only have we succumb to self-censorship, but the real bullies portray us as the bullies.
2) The media wanted this story to be true: The mainstream media (MSM) has such disdain for President Trump and his supporters that they were willing to believe Jussie Smollett’s lie before the investigation even began. The truth is the MSM is still mad at themselves. Why? The combination of Donald Trump’s huge personality and their overwhelming coverage of him during the GOP primary helped him secure the presidential nomination for the GOP. They wanted to run against him because they believed Hillary Clinton would easily defeat him in the general election. She didn’t. They want revenge.
3) Democrats wanted this story to be true: No victims, no votes! When you stop to think about it, it seems like Democrats don’t want racism to end. Their party would be useless if it did. Without victims they won’t get votes. If all Americans were financially independent and content with their lives, there’d be no need for the Democratic Party as it exists today. The Left constantly stokes fear and anger into the hearts and minds of their voters in hopes that more Americans will depend on them for protection from evil conservatives, and for purpose in life. Democrats choose to believe that white Christian, conservative men are all racists and homophobes. Not because they necessarily believe it, but void of real solutions to the nation’s problems, they need a bogeyman to secure their power.
4) Jussie Smollett isn’t a good guy: I think “hate crime” legislation is stupid. If you’re going to charge a person for a crime, charge them for the actual crime they’ve committed. It’s a safe bet that most violent criminals have malice in their heart. Tacking on additional time to their sentences based on feelings isn’t justice; it’s juvenile. However, if anyone should be charged with a hate crime it should be Smollett! This guy could’ve started race riots! Imagine if black Democrats had begun physically assaulting Trump supporters because they believed Smollett’s story. The fact that this didn’t happen is indicative of how skeptical the black community was about the allegations. Smollett hates Donald Trump so much, that he either didn’t care or think of the havoc this lie could’ve wreaked across America. Sick!
5) America isn’t the place Democrats say it is: What does it say about America when a gay, rich, black man pretends to be the victim of a racist, homophobic crime? It tells us that such crimes are rare. It also tells us that most Americans are too consumed with their own lives to care about Smollett’s race and sexual preference. Americans, in general appreciate diversity. It’s democrats that are intolerant.
Liberals who live in the social-justice bubbles of Chicago, Los Angeles and New York don’t have a clue of what people are like outside of their insulated enclaves. Nor do they care to know. Democrats project their feelings onto conservatives. Jussie Smollett is indicative of what the left has become; dangerous, irrational, hateful, judgmental, close-minded, self-absorbed and phony.