Finally, someone other than only Fox News seems to be paying attention to the still growing Benghazi cover-up. CBS's Bob Schieffer seems to have finally engaged following some great reporting by Sharyl Attkisson. Now comes an ABC report by Jonathan Karl that the Benghazi talking points went through twelve revisions - not just the three as reported last week by Stephen Hayes of the Weekly Standard.
Maybe - just maybe - the scales will fall from at least a few of the Obamaphiles in the media to help expose what really happened in Benghazi and find out who was responsible.
Here's the first few paragraphs of Jonathan Karl's feature story and a link to the entire piece:
When it became clear last fall that the CIA’s now discredited Benghazi talking points were flawed, the White House said repeatedly the documents were put together almost entirely by the intelligence community, but White House documents reviewed by Congress suggest a different story.
ABC News has obtained 12 different versions of the talking points that show they were extensively edited as they evolved from the drafts first written entirely by the CIA to the final version distributed to Congress and to U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice before she appeared on five talk shows the Sunday after that attack.
White House emails reviewed by ABC News suggest the edits were made with extensive input from the State Department. The edits included requests from the State Department that references to the Al Qaeda-affiliated group Ansar al-Sharia be deleted as well references to CIA warnings about terrorist threats in Benghazi in the months preceding the attack.
That would appear to directly contradict what White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said about the talking points in November.