CRS: American Energy Resources Greatest in the World
11/3/2009 1:06:20 PM - Meredith Jessup
A new report from the Congressional Research Service
shows that the U.S. has a larger supply of energy resources than any other nation on earth. It's just too bad our own government won't let us use them, huh?
The report states that the U.S. has tapped into only 13% of our total resources, leaving the other 87% untouched. Astonishingly, the U.S. has 1,321 billion barrels of oil--or barrels of oil equivalent for other energy sources--when combining recoverable natural gas, oil and coal resources.Human Events
has made the following chart to show the "true picture of America's energy reserves":
Would it be so
bad if we used some of these resources in waning ourselves off of imported energy sources? Al Gore could even simultaneously work to construct newer, renewable sources if he wanted to; at least we'd stop sending billions of dollars overseas every year...
Working to tap America's own energy supply = actual
Speaking of Al Gore, check out the UK's Telegraph
which reports on how Gore has been cashing-in on his own global warming hysteria. The headline: Al Gore Could Be World's First Carbon Billionaire.
Mr. Gore of course says he's putting his "money where my mouth is." But is it any coincidence that last year, Gore put $56 million in a company that's now receiving hundreds of millions of dollars in government contracts granted by the Obama administration's Energy Department? Even the NYTimes is wondering