After resigning his position as the head of the CIA last week and postponing his congressional testimony originally scheduled for Thursday, General David Petraeus has agreed to testify about the 9/11 terrorist attack in Benghazi before the House and Senate Intelligence Committees. Acting CIA Director Michael Morell is still scheduled to testify publicly about the attack tomorrow.
After Petraeus' resignation, lawmakers complained that the scandal was no reason they shouldn't hear from the man at the helm of the CIA when CIA operatives came under attack alongside State Department employees in Benghazi last month.
The logistics of Petraeus' appearance are still being worked out. But a source close to Petraeus said the former four-star general has contacted the CIA, as well as committees in both the House and Senate, to offer his testimony as the former CIA director.
Fox News has learned he is expected to speak off-site to the Senate Intelligence Committee on Friday about his Libya report.
The House side is still being worked out.
Earlier this week, Democratic Senator Diane Feinstein said Petraeus' testimony was essential and that his testimony would happen one way or another.
Petraeus will be walking on shaky ground during his testimony as lawmakers have already speculated he may have been lying about what really happened in Benghazi during testimony a month ago. At that time, he blamed an anti-Islam YouTube video for the attack.
Congressional leaders say privately they believe they were lied to by Petraeus when he testified shortly after the attack. Some of these members already considered charging Petraeus with perjury, but said they planned to withhold judgment until he testified this week.
You can bet the attack in Benghazi won't be the only thing Petraeus is questioned about behind closed doors.
Katie Pavlich is the Editor at Townhall.com. Follow her on Twitter @katiepavlich. She is a New York Times Best Selling author. Her latest book Assault and Flattery: The Truth About the Left and Their War on Women, was published on July 8, 2014.
Suspect in Custody After Shooting at Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood UPDATE: Three People Have Died, Shooter Identified | Christine Rousselle
Active Shooter Near Planned Parenthood Location in Colorado UPDATE: Suspect Has Surrendered to Police | Christine Rousselle