It has a beating heart. It has ten fingers and ten toes. It came from humans. Yet, liberals have gone to astonishing lengths to avoid calling a developing unborn (and, in some cases, newly born) child a “baby.”
Here are just a few instances in which prominent pro-choicers have refused to admit unborn children are human:
1. MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry – Holding up an object representing a fertilized egg: “But the reality is that if this turns into a person, right, there are economic consequences, right? The cost to raise a child, is $10,000 a year up to $20,000 a year. When you’re talking about what it actually costs to have this thing turn into a human, why not allow women to make the best choices that we can with as many resources and options instead of trying to come in and regulate this process?”
2. Joy Behar of "The View" – Speaking about a Virginia law requiring ultrasounds: “This would be a mandated treatment…to see the child, the infant, the fetus, whatever at that point…
3. Notice anything interesting about this New York Times article regarding ‘House of Horrors’ abortionist and convicted murder Kermit Gosnell? Yep, throughout the piece, the author repeatedly refers to Gosnell’s victims as ‘fetuses.’
4. Noam Chomsky – This popularly cited academic once said while speaking at University College Dublin,"There is a strong debate at the moment with regards to a woman's right to control an organ of her own body - namely the fetus.”
5. President Obama – Our own president refused to call a baby its rightful name even after it’s born when voting against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act as an Illinois state senator. "That if that fetus, or child, however you want to describe it, is now outside of the mother's womb and the doctor continues to think that it's non-viable but there's let’s say movement or some indication that they're not just coming out limp and dead that in fact they would then have to call in a second physician to monitor and check off and make sure that this is not a live child that could be saved?"
These are just a sampling of the ridiculous roundabout ways liberals refer to unborn children as if they do not yet have the right to life. In order to push a culture of abortion and to convince young women they are not killing lives but merely a mass of cells, pro-choice politicians and personalities will continue to define babies in such vague terms.
COMMENTS UPDATE: Scammers, Spammers, and Trolls, I'm Afraid You'll Find Our Moderation Tool Quite Operational | Townhall.com Staff
Loose Lips: Longtime Clinton Ally Trashes 'Buffoon' Biden, 'Sanctimonious Flip-Flopper' Sanders in Train Ride Rant | Guy Benson