I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
What ugger garbage. No, we don't owe ANYTHING to Ron Paul. He's a traitor, an Islamic propaganda mouthpiece, and an ally of the hard left on defense, foreign policy, and social issues. As for limited government - don't make me laugh. Ron Paul is the king of pork. Every year he brings back hundreds of millions of dollars of pork he secures in approps bills through amendment despite casting meaningless votes against their final passage (knowing full well they'll pass the Congress anyway). Ron Paul is a traitor and a scumbag. Shame on you, Mr Doherty, for writing this hagiography.
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Obama declines to endorse Biden for 2016 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago