I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
What ugger garbage. No, we don't owe ANYTHING to Ron Paul. He's a traitor, an Islamic propaganda mouthpiece, and an ally of the hard left on defense, foreign policy, and social issues. As for limited government - don't make me laugh. Ron Paul is the king of pork. Every year he brings back hundreds of millions of dollars of pork he secures in approps bills through amendment despite casting meaningless votes against their final passage (knowing full well they'll pass the Congress anyway). Ron Paul is a traitor and a scumbag. Shame on you, Mr Doherty, for writing this hagiography.
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 16 mins ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 56 mins ago
- Video: Scarborough thinks Hillary’s lack of competition is what will hurt her Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Democrats want to have it both ways on Ebola Noah Rothman 3 hours ago