I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
What ugger garbage. No, we don't owe ANYTHING to Ron Paul. He's a traitor, an Islamic propaganda mouthpiece, and an ally of the hard left on defense, foreign policy, and social issues. As for limited government - don't make me laugh. Ron Paul is the king of pork. Every year he brings back hundreds of millions of dollars of pork he secures in approps bills through amendment despite casting meaningless votes against their final passage (knowing full well they'll pass the Congress anyway). Ron Paul is a traitor and a scumbag. Shame on you, Mr Doherty, for writing this hagiography.
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 38 mins ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- DNC spokesman: We condemn Rand Paul’s “blame America” worldview Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired president to address something he saw on the news today about Ukraine at 4 p.m. ET; Update: “Ongoing incursion”; Update: No strategy yet on ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- More Senate Democrats hit the panic button on immigration Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago