Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Kids are being overmedicated for depression with drugs like Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac, etc. If you want to see a really strong connection between SSRI drugs and school shootings take a peak at this site: http://ssristories.com/index.php I guarantee you will be floored by the correlation. While I have no doubt Dr. Williams thesis is part of the problem, the connection between antidepressant drugs and school shootings is overwhelmingly demonstrable. This is essentially the same thing Savage has been harping about on his program for the past several years - kids are being overmedicated in and effort to control other behavioral problems. By the way, this site provides references for each shooting back to the original reporting.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 17 mins ago
- Obama doesn’t want to serve on the Supreme Court, not that anyone asked Noah Rothman 56 mins ago
- The dangers of turning Election Day into Election Month Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The Pentagon is sugarcoating the situation in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- New York bans gun ownership for 34,500 citizens without due process Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago