Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Kids are being overmedicated for depression with drugs like Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac, etc. If you want to see a really strong connection between SSRI drugs and school shootings take a peak at this site: http://ssristories.com/index.php I guarantee you will be floored by the correlation. While I have no doubt Dr. Williams thesis is part of the problem, the connection between antidepressant drugs and school shootings is overwhelmingly demonstrable. This is essentially the same thing Savage has been harping about on his program for the past several years - kids are being overmedicated in and effort to control other behavioral problems. By the way, this site provides references for each shooting back to the original reporting.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014