Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Kids are being overmedicated for depression with drugs like Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac, etc. If you want to see a really strong connection between SSRI drugs and school shootings take a peak at this site: http://ssristories.com/index.php I guarantee you will be floored by the correlation. While I have no doubt Dr. Williams thesis is part of the problem, the connection between antidepressant drugs and school shootings is overwhelmingly demonstrable. This is essentially the same thing Savage has been harping about on his program for the past several years - kids are being overmedicated in and effort to control other behavioral problems. By the way, this site provides references for each shooting back to the original reporting.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 8 hours ago