I am a strict Constitutionalist. The US Constitution seems to give this Republican-controlled Congress of the past two years the power to tax and spend. Article I, Section 8: --The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, ..., to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; --To borrow money on the credit of the United States; I can't find anything in the powers granted to the President to get involved in budgeting. For Obama to meddle in budgeting would make him the Usurper in Chief. Tell the Weeper of the House to do his job!
When Mitt Romney blurted out his now notorious 47-percent lament, liberal gaffe-o-meters went ballistic, acting as though he were an American Ebenezer Scrooge who had just shoved Tiny Tim Cratchit into a ditch and then burned down a crutch factory. As several observers have noted, this amorphous statistic includes myriads of worthy beneficiaries indeed, such as veterans, social security recipients, the physically or mentally disabled, the deserving poor, and those utterly unable to take care of themselves in a society where the federal government has assumed tasks that once were the preserve of families, churches, voluntary organizations, and...
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 19 minutes ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago