I am a strict Constitutionalist. The US Constitution seems to give this Republican-controlled Congress of the past two years the power to tax and spend. Article I, Section 8: --The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, ..., to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; --To borrow money on the credit of the United States; I can't find anything in the powers granted to the President to get involved in budgeting. For Obama to meddle in budgeting would make him the Usurper in Chief. Tell the Weeper of the House to do his job!
When Mitt Romney blurted out his now notorious 47-percent lament, liberal gaffe-o-meters went ballistic, acting as though he were an American Ebenezer Scrooge who had just shoved Tiny Tim Cratchit into a ditch and then burned down a crutch factory. As several observers have noted, this amorphous statistic includes myriads of worthy beneficiaries indeed, such as veterans, social security recipients, the physically or mentally disabled, the deserving poor, and those utterly unable to take care of themselves in a society where the federal government has assumed tasks that once were the preserve of families, churches, voluntary organizations, and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 6 hours ago