A lot of people, conservatives in particular, tend to idealize the past. We like to wax lyrical about simpler times, the "good old days." Of course, if we are honest we have to admit that those good old days weren't always so great. The passage of time and progress of society have brought many blessings – civil, cultural, and technological. Society today is freer, fairer, safer, and more comfortable. Unfortunately many of the blessings of progress come at a cost. The same technologies that make life healthier and more comfortable can also present us with previously unimagined ethical dilemmas. This...
In response to:
The biggest supporters of segregation were and are Christian conservatives.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 13 hours ago