A lot of people, conservatives in particular, tend to idealize the past. We like to wax lyrical about simpler times, the "good old days." Of course, if we are honest we have to admit that those good old days weren't always so great. The passage of time and progress of society have brought many blessings – civil, cultural, and technological. Society today is freer, fairer, safer, and more comfortable. Unfortunately many of the blessings of progress come at a cost. The same technologies that make life healthier and more comfortable can also present us with previously unimagined ethical dilemmas. This...
In response to:
The biggest supporters of segregation were and are Christian conservatives.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 10 hours ago