But people _do_ have the freedom to text while driving. Get in your car and text while driving and you will notice. Passing a law to forbid texting while driving does not eliminate the dangerous actvity. It merely threatens you with additional potential consequences. Now, if it is well communicated that you will either die or kill if you engage in texting while driving.....how much of a deterrent is it to be threatened with an inconvenient ticket?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago