But people _do_ have the freedom to text while driving. Get in your car and text while driving and you will notice. Passing a law to forbid texting while driving does not eliminate the dangerous actvity. It merely threatens you with additional potential consequences. Now, if it is well communicated that you will either die or kill if you engage in texting while driving.....how much of a deterrent is it to be threatened with an inconvenient ticket?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago