What you don't seem to understand is that the US Constitution (and its Bill of Rights) exists as a limitation on the government. It is not a list of endowments from the government to the people. It is a contract stating what We The People will allow the government to oversee. The government does not allow people to possess rights. The people possess unalienable rights and collectively endow the government the ability to adjudicate whether the free exercise of those rights have impinged on the rights of any other citizens (Life trumps Liberty trumps Pursuit of Happiness). For future reference, just using the word "logic" does not mean you are employing the concept of logic.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Ryan and Murray announce budget deal Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Alan Grayson scammed out of millions…for the second time Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Doom: Obama’s approval hits new low, congressional Dems in trouble in new Quinnipiac poll Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Big Wind wins protection from eagle-death prosecutions, but the production tax credit is still up in the air Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Hot topic in jihadi circles: Is sodomy okay if it’s designed to make space for a bomb? Allahpundit 10 hours ago