What you don't seem to understand is that the US Constitution (and its Bill of Rights) exists as a limitation on the government. It is not a list of endowments from the government to the people. It is a contract stating what We The People will allow the government to oversee. The government does not allow people to possess rights. The people possess unalienable rights and collectively endow the government the ability to adjudicate whether the free exercise of those rights have impinged on the rights of any other citizens (Life trumps Liberty trumps Pursuit of Happiness). For future reference, just using the word "logic" does not mean you are employing the concept of logic.
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 47 mins ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago