Employers added a disappointing 88,000 jobs in March, confirming fears of a slowdown in payroll growth that economists say could persist for several months. The number of new jobs is less than half what economists had forecast. The unemployment rate fell to 7.6% from 7.7%, largely because 496,000 Americans stopped working or looking for work, the Labor Department said Friday in its monthly employment report. Futures trading on Wall Street in major indexes began sinking as soon as the...
In response to:
The problem is Obama. It is incredible to me this fool is president.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago