Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
To save Marriage in this country, one needs to emphasize its importance. As of now, we have devalued the institution to nothing more than a legal construct that lasts as long as you still "love" your partner. There are no moral obligations tied to it anymore, no incentives. It has become a mockery. I as a young American am troubled by this. Redefining it will provide no benefit to the institution on whole for a number of reasons but the biggest being that fewer and fewer people as a % of population are getting married each passing year(unless you are religious) while the number of cohabitants is surging..
- NYC doctor who recently treated Ebola patients rushed to hospital with 103-degree fever Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Revealed: ICE released some illegals charged with violent crimes — after telling Americans they hadn’t Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago