Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
To save Marriage in this country, one needs to emphasize its importance. As of now, we have devalued the institution to nothing more than a legal construct that lasts as long as you still "love" your partner. There are no moral obligations tied to it anymore, no incentives. It has become a mockery. I as a young American am troubled by this. Redefining it will provide no benefit to the institution on whole for a number of reasons but the biggest being that fewer and fewer people as a % of population are getting married each passing year(unless you are religious) while the number of cohabitants is surging..
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 3 hours ago