In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 10 hours ago