Mr Bowyer, you missed the boat on the issue. You are rarely wrong but man did you step in it this time. Nowhere in the Bible are Christians instructed to give all of their children's food to the immigrant leaving their own children impoverished. Nowhere does the Bible instruct us to turn our own children out into the street and invite in the immigrant to our own child's bed. The whole issue is that alarming levels of immigration have been reached. It is past the point where we can sustain ourselves and the immigrants. So we are expected to cut our own and our children's throats, you say. No way. Be wise as serpents but harmless as doves cuts both ways.
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 27 mins ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 3 hours ago