Mr Bowyer, you missed the boat on the issue. You are rarely wrong but man did you step in it this time. Nowhere in the Bible are Christians instructed to give all of their children's food to the immigrant leaving their own children impoverished. Nowhere does the Bible instruct us to turn our own children out into the street and invite in the immigrant to our own child's bed. The whole issue is that alarming levels of immigration have been reached. It is past the point where we can sustain ourselves and the immigrants. So we are expected to cut our own and our children's throats, you say. No way. Be wise as serpents but harmless as doves cuts both ways.
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 9 hours ago