Red, White and Saudi Privilege

Yosef5 Wrote: Apr 23, 2013 10:02 AM
Damn. I was going to ask you for tomorrow's baseball scores.

Red, White and Saudi Privilege

Yosef5 Wrote: Apr 23, 2013 6:38 AM
Wait a minute John. I think that Tim might have a point here. Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn never had their corn-fields bombed, did they?

Romney Shines in Israel

Yosef5 Wrote: Jul 31, 2012 11:43 PM
Romney visited on the 9th day of the Hebrew month of Av. It is a memorial day when the vast majority of the religious (ie. those who will vote for Romney) in Israel stay in our Synagogues, visit cemeteries, or stay at home. That's the reason for the small turnout.

Blindsided: Peace for Israel?

Yosef5 Wrote: Apr 10, 2012 11:36 AM
Wayne556 Our Halacha (Law) teaches that we must be careful never to write G-d fully out in any language. That is our law, I am following it, and I am not ignorant of it. You sir ARE ignorant of how your Christian founders changed the word of G-d. Compare Isaiah 7:14 to Matthew 1:23 and see how they had to change a word to make Jesus fit a prophecy he doesn't. Now how many times have you read this? Who's ignorant now? BTW, I'm a life-long Republican who greatly appreciates America as a CHRISTIAN nation. I don't appreciate being preached to by Christians though. Get it?

Blindsided: Peace for Israel?

Yosef5 Wrote: Apr 10, 2012 12:37 AM
Challenge?! You expect me to read distortion. The Christian fathers actually changed G-d's words to fit their story and you expect me to read the words of people so brazen! Tell you what. Let's take this off line. I don't know how we can send each other personal emails without exposing our personal information here. I'm willing to demonstrate to you that every single OT (as you call it) "proof" is either based on a mistranslation, taken out of context, or ambiguous. Where shall we meet?

Blindsided: Peace for Israel?

Yosef5 Wrote: Apr 08, 2012 10:41 AM
This is a classic Christian dodge. Those Christians were being the best Christians they knew how to be. As a Jew I am not in charge of choosing who is a Jew or not. Christians however seem to be able to deny other Christian's Christianity. Perhaps you and all of the Christian sects could get together and decide on a single ideology. I just want to clarify all of my statements. I have no problem with your faith. I'm just tired of seeing these "Jews need Jesus" and similar posts on every op-ed about Israel. We've got an old and deep tradition and faith. All I'm asking of Christians is to respect it.

Blindsided: Peace for Israel?

Yosef5 Wrote: Apr 08, 2012 10:37 AM
Please read those chapters (not single verses) in Hebrew. You will see that fitting Jesus into them is truly bizarre. As I said, I have no problem discussing these issues with you but this is not the right forum.

Blindsided: Peace for Israel?

Yosef5 Wrote: Apr 08, 2012 10:35 AM
Please stop distorting MY HOLY BIBLE. Where was Jesus ever referred to as Pele Yoetz, El-Gibor, Avi Ad, and Saar Shalom. The next verse says "That the government may be increased, and of peace there be no end" This is all simply Christians altering the Tanach to fit their interpretation. So there has been no war since Jesus arrived. I have no problem discussing these issues with you but this is not the right forum.

Blindsided: Peace for Israel?

Yosef5 Wrote: Apr 08, 2012 5:28 AM
I have no doubt that many Christians are allied with Israel. On the other hand this clearly is not the stance of the churches that represent the majority of the world's Christians. That is an INFORMED statement. You can look it up. Furthermore, the "Christian" treatment that Jews received over the ages in the name of Jesus was horrific to put it nicely. That is an INFORMED statement. You can look it up. Christian "Love" also comes at a price. I live in Israel where missionary activity is prevalent, sneaky, and unwanted. That is an INFORMED statement. You can look it up. As for being a bigot. I haven't a bigoted bone in my body. I do not appreciate, however, the haughty idea, that without Jesus (or Islam) we can't be saved.

Blindsided: Peace for Israel?

Yosef5 Wrote: Apr 08, 2012 2:59 AM
As an Orthodox Jew, painfully aware of the treatment my people received at the hands of the followers of your "Prince of Peace", I find this exceedingly offensive. G-d will indeed re-establish his Kingdom in Yerushalaim and all the world will worship G-d directly and the verse Zechariah 8:23 will be fulfilled: "Thus saith the LORD of hosts: In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold, out of all the languages of the nations, shall even take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying: We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.'"