While most media accounts of the fiscal cliff fiasco have focused on Republicans' travails, few have adequately noted Democrats' starring role in our current dysfunction. Harry Reid obstructed a vote on the president's plan, Nancy Pelosi whipped votes against her own erstwhile plan, and the president has fully retreated from ideas he supported as recently as last year. A pre-Christmas Wall Street Journal article walks readers through the failed...
In response to:
I hope that we go over the fiscal cliff. It is pre-ordained simply because of the many that elected a Marxist community organizer that could not pass a basic test on economics. They bought all his lies. He was never vetted. Republicans are as much to blame. When they took control in 94 they did a good job for a couple of years. After that the power & perks were something they felt they could not do without. So the cliff is inevitable. LETS GO! CONSERVATIVES DO NOT ABANDON YOUR PRINCIPLES.
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 38 minutes ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Wisconsin gubernatorial poll: Mary Burke 47, Scott Walker 46 Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago