Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
A lawyers dream is to become a lobbyist in Washington D.C. and buy off CAREER POLITICIANS. Do you not understand how corrupt they become to stay in elective office. All they have for sale is their vote. They find more ways to spread our tax dollars around than we can imagine. We can’t survive as a country without TERM LIMITS. Why don’t you bozos wise up.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 11 hours ago