Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
A lawyers dream is to become a lobbyist in Washington D.C. and buy off CAREER POLITICIANS. Do you not understand how corrupt they become to stay in elective office. All they have for sale is their vote. They find more ways to spread our tax dollars around than we can imagine. We can’t survive as a country without TERM LIMITS. Why don’t you bozos wise up.
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 12 minutes ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago