Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
A lawyers dream is to become a lobbyist in Washington D.C. and buy off CAREER POLITICIANS. Do you not understand how corrupt they become to stay in elective office. All they have for sale is their vote. They find more ways to spread our tax dollars around than we can imagine. We can’t survive as a country without TERM LIMITS. Why don’t you bozos wise up.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 22 minutes ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago