Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
A lawyers dream is to become a lobbyist in Washington D.C. and buy off CAREER POLITICIANS. Do you not understand how corrupt they become to stay in elective office. All they have for sale is their vote. They find more ways to spread our tax dollars around than we can imagine. We can’t survive as a country without TERM LIMITS. Why don’t you bozos wise up.
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 36 mins ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago