A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
The answer to the question you ask is TERM LIMITS. Why are the american people so d-m dumb they keep voting incumbents to office not realizing that CAREER POLITICIANS have a very short shelf life before spoil.
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 18 minutes ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 3 hours ago