Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
His "honest" remarks? You mean like Britain is "safer" since guns were banned? WRONG crime and especially criminal violence has gone up. "Honest" you mean like his statement that devotion to our Constitution is unwarranted and silly? The ONLY good thing about Piers Morgan is that since he is seen only on CNN he is virtually invisible. Besides, if everything in America is so horrid I invite him to return home to jolly old England. Take a flying leap off a tall bridge mate.
- What does the Hillary-Alinksy letter reveal? Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Reason Magazine actually asked climate protesters what they want to do, and it’s hilarious Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago