The CAP plan would eliminate deductions, close loopholes raise rates, implement new taxes, increase sales taxes, create new taxes... basically every form of a tax hike you can think of, all implemented on households with income above...
So what's the senario? Repulsicans fight like dogs (for principles) to stop the collective from raising taxes several points on the "rich.." Why fight it? It's going to happen anyway [and as the "rich" never thought it necessary to buy one of the three major networks (or create a 4th) in the last 50 years]....they are victims of their own shortcomings. We all know that the sought revenues will be far short of what the regime projects.......but looking forward (sorry 'bout that), when the economy goes into the sh*tter, repulsicans can say [if any network will televise it] that, "we told you so!"......now try it the right way America.......them out, us in.
Last week, the progressive think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) released their tax reform plan [pdf], supported by prominent left-wing budgeters and economists like Robert Rubin and Lawrence Summers. The net effect of this tax reform plan is a massive tax hike on "the rich" in order to fall far, far short of the revenue necessary to eliminate America's deficit.
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 38 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 20 hours ago