The House of Representatives adjourned Thursday afternoon, only hours after President Obama touched down in Washington, D.C. While it was initially reported that they wouldn't be back until Monday, December 31 - the last day to totally avert the fiscal cliff - Jake Sherman discovered they'd be back in an emergency on Sunday....
Sounds like a plan to me. Obama has no intention of negotiating anyway. And the Republicans House should stay home until Obama asks them respectfully and with courtesy to return to the Peoples work. There sure won't be any until Obama wakes up and smells the coffee. But alas I am wrong, Obama wants the cliff and higher taxes too, so don't fret it will all come to pass, Obama is going to get your money and go after more cause his lazy electorate doesn't want to work, they just want to line up for food stamps, welfare checks and a free ride on the real hardworking, responsible taxpayers, which will become as scarce as hens teeth here pretty quick.
President Obama cut his Hawaiian Christmas vacation short in order to come back to Washington, D.C. to, supposedly, hammer out a deal with Congress in order to address the looming fiscal cliff. There's only one problem: much of Congress won't be there.
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 3 hours ago