Periodically, CATO analyzes the federal budget to ascertain exactly how much money our government shovels out to favored parties. Unfortunately, over the years both parties...
The Government buys Capitalist friendship with handouts, Stimulus money? The Political Parties have money that they each use to further their desires of the moment? If we tax less, the government has less money to use for favor building votes? If we tax less business has more to invest? If we tax less will Capitalist pigs get bigger yearly bonuses? How can big business show the general public they will use their profits for public benefit? The Totalitarians who want government control over everything, will claim they are needed because big business is a Fat Cat! Totalitarians are busy with unions stiring up unrest for more money & work conditions! That is an inevitable fact as long as our Constitution is not adhered to for intent!
“Government ’help’ to business is just as disastrous as government persecution... the only way a government can be of service to national prosperity is by keeping its hands off.” That is what Ayn Rand has to say about government involvement in the world of business, but the full extent of this practice is difficult to nail down. Tad DeHaven of the CATO Institute investigated the situation to determine exactly how deep the problem runs.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago