Periodically, CATO analyzes the federal budget to ascertain exactly how much money our government shovels out to favored parties. Unfortunately, over the years both parties...
The Government buys Capitalist friendship with handouts, Stimulus money? The Political Parties have money that they each use to further their desires of the moment? If we tax less, the government has less money to use for favor building votes? If we tax less business has more to invest? If we tax less will Capitalist pigs get bigger yearly bonuses? How can big business show the general public they will use their profits for public benefit? The Totalitarians who want government control over everything, will claim they are needed because big business is a Fat Cat! Totalitarians are busy with unions stiring up unrest for more money & work conditions! That is an inevitable fact as long as our Constitution is not adhered to for intent!
“Government ’help’ to business is just as disastrous as government persecution... the only way a government can be of service to national prosperity is by keeping its hands off.” That is what Ayn Rand has to say about government involvement in the world of business, but the full extent of this practice is difficult to nail down. Tad DeHaven of the CATO Institute investigated the situation to determine exactly how deep the problem runs.
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 56 mins ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago