Periodically, CATO analyzes the federal budget to ascertain exactly how much money our government shovels out to favored parties. Unfortunately, over the years both parties...
The Government buys Capitalist friendship with handouts, Stimulus money? The Political Parties have money that they each use to further their desires of the moment? If we tax less, the government has less money to use for favor building votes? If we tax less business has more to invest? If we tax less will Capitalist pigs get bigger yearly bonuses? How can big business show the general public they will use their profits for public benefit? The Totalitarians who want government control over everything, will claim they are needed because big business is a Fat Cat! Totalitarians are busy with unions stiring up unrest for more money & work conditions! That is an inevitable fact as long as our Constitution is not adhered to for intent!
“Government ’help’ to business is just as disastrous as government persecution... the only way a government can be of service to national prosperity is by keeping its hands off.” That is what Ayn Rand has to say about government involvement in the world of business, but the full extent of this practice is difficult to nail down. Tad DeHaven of the CATO Institute investigated the situation to determine exactly how deep the problem runs.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 14 hours ago