Has society really become quite thin-skinned, or is acting “offended” a new tactic that is being used to shut down legitimate political debate? Progressives are increasingly claiming to be offended whenever those on the right disagree with their left-wing positions. It doesn't matter what the issue is; the left will divert a legitimate political debate into an accusation that the right disagrees with them because they are full of hate towards them. This puts the right on the defensive, and removes the real debate from discussion. It then becomes difficult for the right to ever prevail with their position, because to...
First, to address the most basic example of Obama and the conservative doctor mentioned at the end, yes it's okay for the President to use the President's website to promote the President's agenda. And I'm not sure how Obama's race somehow indicts the entire left on this issue (speaking of "painting with broad strokes"). But more importantly, rarely, if ever, have I ever heard anyone on the left characterize simple disagreement as racism or anything else. It's the form the disagreement takes. So, conservatives, the question is NOT are your views inherently racist or misogynistic, the question is do you present those views and your disagreement with progressive ideas in an overtly racist or discriminatory way? Too often the answer is yes.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 9 hours ago