As Guy wrote about already, President Obama is proposing $50 billion in new spending on the backs of America's small business owners, otherwise known as those who make more than $250,000 per year. House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy is out with a new video today explaining why the "rich" tax hike Obama is proposing will only make a bad situation worse for those who are barely capable of being successful in this economy. "This is Small Business America," profiles S corporation owner Jerry Gorski, who lives just 15 miles away from where Obama will kick off his campaign today...
Dixiedrifter, Aside from your observations regarding the lack of business experience for politicians, what has this government done that has made it appreciably more difficult to run your business? The fact is, the business community cries about uncertainty and job losses whenever the government proposes ANYTHING they don't like. And since our economic history undermines the claims that the rich will simply take their ball and go home if tax rates are raised, it's a pretty flat claim. The ultra-rich are investors, and will always invest their money in ways that will generate a profit--even if the amount taken by government through taxes is increased by a few percentage points.
- CBS poll: GOP lead in generic Congressional ballot similar to final 2010 poll Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Less than a week before the midterms, Obama backs off deportations of illegal immigrants Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago