Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
I don't understand how conservatives see this as an indictment of progressive rhetoric. As if the Saudi's horrendous treatment of women somehow obviates the necessity of fighting discrimination against women in this country, even if it doesn't rise to Saudi-level abuse. I mean, Coptic Christians are killed in Egypt, but does that make the "War on Christianity" in this country any less real to conservatives? Absolutely not.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 37 mins ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 12 hours ago