Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
Chester, You couldn't be further from the truth. The right wing politicians hold themselves out to be the epitome of "family values" which they preach to the rest of us. When they are caught, they are eviscerated, not for the act itself, but for taking a public stance against such behavior, and being exposed as a hypocrite. It's that those leaders on the right would dare to almost deify themselves that their fall is so public and ruthless.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 48 minutes ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 4 hours ago