Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
Chester, You couldn't be further from the truth. The right wing politicians hold themselves out to be the epitome of "family values" which they preach to the rest of us. When they are caught, they are eviscerated, not for the act itself, but for taking a public stance against such behavior, and being exposed as a hypocrite. It's that those leaders on the right would dare to almost deify themselves that their fall is so public and ruthless.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 23 mins ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 3 hours ago