Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
Chester, You couldn't be further from the truth. The right wing politicians hold themselves out to be the epitome of "family values" which they preach to the rest of us. When they are caught, they are eviscerated, not for the act itself, but for taking a public stance against such behavior, and being exposed as a hypocrite. It's that those leaders on the right would dare to almost deify themselves that their fall is so public and ruthless.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 12 hours ago