Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
Chester, You couldn't be further from the truth. The right wing politicians hold themselves out to be the epitome of "family values" which they preach to the rest of us. When they are caught, they are eviscerated, not for the act itself, but for taking a public stance against such behavior, and being exposed as a hypocrite. It's that those leaders on the right would dare to almost deify themselves that their fall is so public and ruthless.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Hamas spox: ‘We are leading our people to death’… er, confrontation… yeah, that’s it Noah Rothman 12 minutes ago
- Dems to Obama: Don’t stand so close to me Ed Morrissey 52 minutes ago
- Bowe Bergdahl returning to active duty this week Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Democratic Colorado governor exalts Obama’s pool game, is not helping Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago