What is the point of this column??? She seems to implicitly tie this state of pathological altruism to those attempting to better the "welfare" of others with no attention to objectivity. Is that not the problem identified by BOTH sides of the partisan divide? What I mean to say is, it seems both sides have mountains of their own "objective data" to point to, it's just a matter of not being able to agree on what those numbers mean or the conclusions to be drawn therefrom. The vagaries contained in her analysis of this study can be generally applied to both parties. The Iraq war has been a study in altruistic motives with unintended consequences. The Farm Bill has apparently degenerated into the same. It's never as bad on your side as it is on the other, eh? Too bad, it almost always is equally bad, everywhere.
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago