DAKAR, Senegal (AP) — Obama says the Supreme Court "made a mistake" in voting rights ruling .
Not even close. The implications of striking down Section 4 are immediate and drastic--the total inoperability of Section 5 that relies on Sec. 4 to establish which states must submit to Sec. 5 preclearance. Without an amendment from Congress, which seems unlikely in the House, the most successful piece of legislation in American history will be destroyed. And it took Texas a whole day to start rolling back protections. This is EXACTLY why preclearance was so necessary to begin with.
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 26 mins ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 3 hours ago