DAKAR, Senegal (AP) — Obama says the Supreme Court "made a mistake" in voting rights ruling .
Not even close. The implications of striking down Section 4 are immediate and drastic--the total inoperability of Section 5 that relies on Sec. 4 to establish which states must submit to Sec. 5 preclearance. Without an amendment from Congress, which seems unlikely in the House, the most successful piece of legislation in American history will be destroyed. And it took Texas a whole day to start rolling back protections. This is EXACTLY why preclearance was so necessary to begin with.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 10 hours ago