The FISA Amendments Act largely exempted the federal government from having to work through a special court system in order to obtain warrants to monitor communications involving Americans. While President Obama was in the Senate, he opposed the legislation. Now that he's actually wielding the levers of...
In response to:
Yeah, that wasn't my argument because I'm not making the point that the Democrats did anything right or wrong. I'm only pointing out that the Republicans continue to be hypocritical when they act concerned about these methods of governance when what they are really worried about is the fact that the Democrats are succeeding. The penchant on TH to misread my posts is hilarious, but just goes to show how detached Republicans are from the Democratic Party. And from reality. I mean, we can't even have a cogent conversation without conservatives trying to make their point with straw man arguments that clearly never came from me. My suggestion would be to read a little more critically before responding. Or get off the talking point train.
Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein has been presided over four days of committee debate over reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act with an iron fist and incredible subordination to the Obama Administration. The FISA Amendments Act of 2008 was set to expire, but President Obama has been pushing for its un-amended reauthorization.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago