Chis Matthews' obsession with race hasn't come to an end even though the country just re-elected President Obama to a second term. On his show last night Matthews claimed minorities didn't vote for Mitt Romney because they didn't like the "ethnic dog whistles" used throughout the campaign against Obama. Matthews played a clip of Newt Gingrich correctly stating President Obama is the most effective food stamp president in history. Today, there are a record number of people on food stamps, 47 million, and that number has ballooned since Obama took office in 2009. Not to mention, Gingrich has pointed out...
Only those who have NEVER experienced racism first-hand can think talking about it in a public forum perpetuates the divide. One of the most frustrating things about racism is the extent to which it is swept under the rug and ignored. So to hear those who actually have the courage to address the topic, whether you agree with their analysis or not, being called the ones who are really the racists is mind-numbing to those who have worked tirelessly to bring this issue to the forefront in a way that makes people feel more able to address it freely. Contrary to Katie's implicit assumption above, the reelection of Obama in no way reflects the demise of racism. Racism is alive and well in this country. Just look at the TH comment boards.
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 4 hours ago