Chis Matthews' obsession with race hasn't come to an end even though the country just re-elected President Obama to a second term. On his show last night Matthews claimed minorities didn't vote for Mitt Romney because they didn't like the "ethnic dog whistles" used throughout the campaign against Obama. Matthews played a clip of Newt Gingrich correctly stating President Obama is the most effective food stamp president in history. Today, there are a record number of people on food stamps, 47 million, and that number has ballooned since Obama took office in 2009. Not to mention, Gingrich has pointed out...
Only those who have NEVER experienced racism first-hand can think talking about it in a public forum perpetuates the divide. One of the most frustrating things about racism is the extent to which it is swept under the rug and ignored. So to hear those who actually have the courage to address the topic, whether you agree with their analysis or not, being called the ones who are really the racists is mind-numbing to those who have worked tirelessly to bring this issue to the forefront in a way that makes people feel more able to address it freely. Contrary to Katie's implicit assumption above, the reelection of Obama in no way reflects the demise of racism. Racism is alive and well in this country. Just look at the TH comment boards.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 5 hours ago