Chis Matthews' obsession with race hasn't come to an end even though the country just re-elected President Obama to a second term. On his show last night Matthews claimed minorities didn't vote for Mitt Romney because they didn't like the "ethnic dog whistles" used throughout the campaign against Obama. Matthews played a clip of Newt Gingrich correctly stating President Obama is the most effective food stamp president in history. Today, there are a record number of people on food stamps, 47 million, and that number has ballooned since Obama took office in 2009. Not to mention, Gingrich has pointed out...
Only those who have NEVER experienced racism first-hand can think talking about it in a public forum perpetuates the divide. One of the most frustrating things about racism is the extent to which it is swept under the rug and ignored. So to hear those who actually have the courage to address the topic, whether you agree with their analysis or not, being called the ones who are really the racists is mind-numbing to those who have worked tirelessly to bring this issue to the forefront in a way that makes people feel more able to address it freely. Contrary to Katie's implicit assumption above, the reelection of Obama in no way reflects the demise of racism. Racism is alive and well in this country. Just look at the TH comment boards.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 7 hours ago