"In this situation of this assembly, groping as it were in the dark to find political truth and scarce able to distinguish it when presented to us, how has it happened ... that we have not hitherto once thought of humbly applying to the Father of lights to illuminate our understandings? In the beginning of the contest...
For agreene: if what you say is true then you do not exist. I have more evidence of a God than I have that you are real.
In 1787, when delegates at the Constitutional Convention were divided and at an impasse regarding how to build our government and frame the U.S. Constitution, 81-year-old Benjamin Franklin appealed to the other delegates to pray for divine intervention to help them out of their darkness:
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 16 mins ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Pew survey: “Consistent liberals” most likely to block others on social media for disagreeing with them politically Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 3 hours ago