"In this situation of this assembly, groping as it were in the dark to find political truth and scarce able to distinguish it when presented to us, how has it happened ... that we have not hitherto once thought of humbly applying to the Father of lights to illuminate our understandings? In the beginning of the contest...
For agreene: if what you say is true then you do not exist. I have more evidence of a God than I have that you are real.
In 1787, when delegates at the Constitutional Convention were divided and at an impasse regarding how to build our government and frame the U.S. Constitution, 81-year-old Benjamin Franklin appealed to the other delegates to pray for divine intervention to help them out of their darkness:
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 33 mins ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 48 mins ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago