For the past few weeks, I have been writing in this column about the government's use of drones and challenging their constitutionality on Fox News Channel where I work. I once asked on air what Thomas Jefferson would have done if -- had drones existed at the time -- King George III had sent drones to peer inside the bedroom windows of Monticello. I suspect that Jefferson and his household would have trained their muskets on the drones and taken them down. I offer this historical anachronism as a hypothetical only, not as one who is urging the use of violence...
“Socialism, like the ancient ideas from which it springs, confuses the distinction between government and society." - Frederic Bastias
- IG: Secret Service op on behalf of employee in neighborhood dispute “problematic” Ed Morrissey 7 mins ago
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 36 mins ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago