For the past few weeks, I have been writing in this column about the government's use of drones and challenging their constitutionality on Fox News Channel where I work. I once asked on air what Thomas Jefferson would have done if -- had drones existed at the time -- King George III had sent drones to peer inside the bedroom windows of Monticello. I suspect that Jefferson and his household would have trained their muskets on the drones and taken them down. I offer this historical anachronism as a hypothetical only, not as one who is urging the use of violence...
“Socialism, like the ancient ideas from which it springs, confuses the distinction between government and society." - Frederic Bastias
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 12 hours ago