In response to:

Romney and Ryan Turn the Tables on Obama

wsmith-84 Wrote: Aug 20, 2012 11:13 PM
"noting that while their plan calls for no changes for current Medicare recipients and those over 55, Obamacare... cuts $716 billion from the politically popular Medicare to pay for Obama's politically unpopular health care law." You hold onto that myth, nutters. As if people over 55 don't have kids and grandkids who they might want to protect Medicare for. As if 50 year-olds, who have paid into Medicare for 30+ years are fine with receiving a voucher that will cover 65% of the current benefit with the beneficiary picking up the other 35% out-of-pocket. Obama's plan cut ZERO benefits. The majority gets it - even if you nutters don't. Good luck!
Steve539 Wrote: Aug 22, 2012 4:46 PM
wsmith, if you can refrain from the name calling and concentrate on the facts, it would be helpful in any political discussion. Let's start with the debt, which Obama as tripled since he has been in office. So a reasonable person would think that since we have such a massive debt, that maybe we should cut back on some spending. Naaah! Obama has submitted 4 straight budgets with over a trillion dollar deficit each. So where do we go to solve this problem - let's cut defense spending because it doesn't really affect anyone directly - EXCEPT EVERY CITIZEN. Secondly, let's tax the super rich more. Good plan - the only problem is that if you tax them at 100% you could only run the government for about 2 1/2 months. So, what's next, Lib?
gsw Wrote: Aug 21, 2012 1:16 AM
Talk about being nuts - the only person cutting Medicare is Obama - that is a fact. Your belief that future Obamacare is free is laughable. What do you really think the medical care review boards do? They decide what care is given to whom, and how much it cost. Literally who lives and who dies. It is really a moot point though because Obamacare is gone next January.
rightmostofthetime Wrote: Aug 20, 2012 11:18 PM
wsmith,

Turning everything over to vouchers was part of Ryan's original plan, not his 2012 plan. In the new plan, people can keep their medicare if they want. Might want to do a little research before you start calling people nutters. It doesn't set well coming from an ignorant person.
wsmith-84 Wrote: Aug 20, 2012 11:45 PM
"Turning everything over to vouchers was part of Ryan's original plan"

Which was voted on and received 100% support from his party in congress.

But NOW, the nutters think they smell blood by LYING about Obama's policies and want to "pretend" they have some principled stand to retain Medicare funding at its full fraud, waste and abuse overspending levels.

I've got a pair of flip-flops... and they're just your size, Bill.

In the meantime, good luck with your "Republicans want to protect Medicare" lie.

Trust me, swing voters are NOT fooled.

gsw Wrote: Aug 21, 2012 1:10 AM
How the hell would you know
Mitt Romney's selection of Paul Ryan was supposed to be a problem for the Republicans. So said a chorus of chortling Democrats. So said a gaggle of anonymous seasoned Republican operatives. All of which was echoed gleefully by mainstream media.

The problem, these purveyors of the conventional wisdom all said, was Medicare -- to be more specific, the future changes in Medicare set out in the budget resolutions Ryan fashioned as House Budget Committee chairman and persuaded almost all House and Senate Republicans to vote for.

But while Democrats licked their chops at the prospect of scaring old ladies that they'd...