After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
You are missing the nutter mythology of the in-the-tank for Obama "Lame Stream Media" being the stakeholders for these polling firms. The best in the biz (statistician, not a pollster) is Nate Silver: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/ IMHO, Rmoney sealed his fate as another also-ran when he picked the far-right teabagger and economically illiterate head of the house budget committee as his running mate.
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 12 minutes ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago