America is on track to go bankrupt. Just like Greece. The signs are all around us. We've lost our AAA credit rating. Trillion dollar deficits are the new normal. The Fed is buying 61% of our own debt. Barack Obama's 10 year budget will leave Americans with “more debt than has been accumulated by all previous Presidents in American history combined.” Nobody on the Left or Right seems to believe we'll ever pay off all of the money we owe. Life as we know it is very close to ending and yet Americans seem to be...
In response to:
John Hawkins writes: "America is on track to go bankrupt. Just like Greece." Oh, John, John, John - have you never heard the term "economic sovereign"? Apparently not. The United States cannot be compared to Greece for this reason. Look it up. Then you write: "We still seem to be a rich country" Indeed we do. And, in fact, we ARE a rich country. In fact, the RICHEST country. Our problems, while real, are political, not fiscal. Republican intransigence on raising taxes and compromising on balanced approaches (spending cuts combined with revenue increases) is destroying our future. Economic illiteracy is nothing to be proud of. Pick up a book, man.
- NYC doctor who recently treated Ebola patients rushed to hospital with 103-degree fever Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Revealed: ICE released some illegals charged with violent crimes — after telling Americans they hadn’t Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago