BUT John Wayne did very much to help the warriors. Just in the showing of "The Sands Of Iwo Jima" would boost the enlistment in the Marine Corps every time it was shown!! He never professed to being a military man but was accepted by the military as a "good guy". Now going to military Hollywood types, you can count on one hand the military vets that are Hollywooders today. Not so back in the years. There were a few established stars that went on active duty during WW II plus many, many that would go on to be stars. I'll taker John Wayne over the current Michael Moore types any day of the week !! Today's younger and obviously uninformed politically "Hollywood Heros" just don't make the cut as real men !!
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 24 minutes ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 4 hours ago