BUT John Wayne did very much to help the warriors. Just in the showing of "The Sands Of Iwo Jima" would boost the enlistment in the Marine Corps every time it was shown!! He never professed to being a military man but was accepted by the military as a "good guy". Now going to military Hollywood types, you can count on one hand the military vets that are Hollywooders today. Not so back in the years. There were a few established stars that went on active duty during WW II plus many, many that would go on to be stars. I'll taker John Wayne over the current Michael Moore types any day of the week !! Today's younger and obviously uninformed politically "Hollywood Heros" just don't make the cut as real men !!
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Rand Paul’s become acceptably hawkish for a prospective GOP nominee, says … John McCain Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- State’s Marie Harf: ISIS couldn’t even have predicted how powerful ISIS would become Noah Rothman 11 hours ago