BUT John Wayne did very much to help the warriors. Just in the showing of "The Sands Of Iwo Jima" would boost the enlistment in the Marine Corps every time it was shown!! He never professed to being a military man but was accepted by the military as a "good guy". Now going to military Hollywood types, you can count on one hand the military vets that are Hollywooders today. Not so back in the years. There were a few established stars that went on active duty during WW II plus many, many that would go on to be stars. I'll taker John Wayne over the current Michael Moore types any day of the week !! Today's younger and obviously uninformed politically "Hollywood Heros" just don't make the cut as real men !!
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 51 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago