Al Gore slithered out of the political morgue to bemoan nationwide heat records and pimp his new "Climate Reality Project," which blames global warming for the wildfire outbreak. NBC meteorologist Doug Kammerer asserted: "If we did not have global warming, we wouldn't see this." Agriculture Department Undersecretary Harris Sherman, who oversees the Forest Service,...
I have bow hunted on the Colorado border of Utah and know exactly how an overpopulated forest looks like. While the spruce and pines don't have the deadfall problems as much as aspens (for those that haven't walked the walk, try to stroll thru an aspen grove !!), The pine needles on the ground more than make up for tender for fire and the very nature of pine trees makes them more than a normal fire hazard. It takes a real woodsman to navigate in a pine forest like these. I DON'T mean using a GPS, either !! Harvesting these useful trees is a tool for the forest service if they will use it !! Also, it takes a responsible person to make a safe camp fire when camping out there. back in the
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Good news: The Waldo Canyon fire, which forced 32,000 residents (including our family) to flee, claimed two lives and destroyed 347 homes, is now 100 percent contained. Bad news: Radical environmentalists won't stop blowing hot air about this year's infernal season across the West.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Hill staffers hit errors galore as they try to sign up for ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- IRS: The evolution of a scandal in the president’s mind Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Uh oh: House Democrats ready to blow up Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Charlie Cook: This is one of the most dramatic shifts in a generic congressional ballot I’ve ever seen jeffdunetz 8 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: If South Africa’s apartheid government could see the error of its ways, why can’t the GOP? Allahpundit 9 hours ago