Al Gore slithered out of the political morgue to bemoan nationwide heat records and pimp his new "Climate Reality Project," which blames global warming for the wildfire outbreak. NBC meteorologist Doug Kammerer asserted: "If we did not have global warming, we wouldn't see this." Agriculture Department Undersecretary Harris Sherman, who oversees the Forest Service,...
I have bow hunted on the Colorado border of Utah and know exactly how an overpopulated forest looks like. While the spruce and pines don't have the deadfall problems as much as aspens (for those that haven't walked the walk, try to stroll thru an aspen grove !!), The pine needles on the ground more than make up for tender for fire and the very nature of pine trees makes them more than a normal fire hazard. It takes a real woodsman to navigate in a pine forest like these. I DON'T mean using a GPS, either !! Harvesting these useful trees is a tool for the forest service if they will use it !! Also, it takes a responsible person to make a safe camp fire when camping out there. back in the
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Good news: The Waldo Canyon fire, which forced 32,000 residents (including our family) to flee, claimed two lives and destroyed 347 homes, is now 100 percent contained. Bad news: Radical environmentalists won't stop blowing hot air about this year's infernal season across the West.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago