One of my relatives married a woman who is from Asia. She has 11 brothers and sisters, ALL of them have a college degree in their country. Her entire family, including cousins, are dispersed all over the world because they have a hard time finding a job in her birth country. Having an educated population is a good thing, but if there aren't any jobs in country they have little chance of working in their area of study. They end up moving to another country, which won't recognize their degrees, just to get a job. My relative from Asia had to retake classes she already had taken in her birth country in order to work over here.
"Is a college degree worth it? You decide."
Interviewing various bouncers, bartenders, pedicab drivers and other low-skilled workers along Bourbon St. in New Orleans, Peter fSchiff ound almost everyone had an expensive college degree. And not meaningless ones, either. He found people with advanced degrees in neuroscience, robotics, radiology, mechanical engineering, engineering, to name but a few.
"President Obama promotes the myth that everyone must go to college," says Peter. "That if you don't go, your life will be ruined -- that you will end up waiting tables, or trapped in some other mundane occupation. The truth...
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 19 hours ago