Don Rosenberg of Westlake Village -- in Los Angeles County -- blames San Francisco politics for his son's death. He also fears that the like-minded Obama administration will shield unlicensed drivers to the detriment of public safety -- and Washington isn't giving him...
In response to:
Nothing will happen to him, he will be returned to the community, and he will be given the opportunity to run over more people. We all need driver's licenses or we don't. I heard that Belgium didn't have driver's licenses until around 15 years ago. They grandfathered in everyone who was already driving. What it comes down to is the driving laws and who is responsible for paying the bills when an accident happens. I'm surprised the insurance lobby hasn't gone after this group, as insurance companies are picking up the tab for people who are not paying a dime into the system.
On Nov. 16, 2010, an unlicensed driver named Roberto Galo took a left turn at Harrison and 16th streets and hit motorcyclist Drew Rosenberg. After Galo backed over Rosenberg's body, the law-school student died. A jury convicted Galo for manslaughter and driving without a license. After serving 43 days in jail, he was released on home detention.
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 49 minutes ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 4 hours ago