Don Rosenberg of Westlake Village -- in Los Angeles County -- blames San Francisco politics for his son's death. He also fears that the like-minded Obama administration will shield unlicensed drivers to the detriment of public safety -- and Washington isn't giving him...
In response to:
Nothing will happen to him, he will be returned to the community, and he will be given the opportunity to run over more people. We all need driver's licenses or we don't. I heard that Belgium didn't have driver's licenses until around 15 years ago. They grandfathered in everyone who was already driving. What it comes down to is the driving laws and who is responsible for paying the bills when an accident happens. I'm surprised the insurance lobby hasn't gone after this group, as insurance companies are picking up the tab for people who are not paying a dime into the system.
On Nov. 16, 2010, an unlicensed driver named Roberto Galo took a left turn at Harrison and 16th streets and hit motorcyclist Drew Rosenberg. After Galo backed over Rosenberg's body, the law-school student died. A jury convicted Galo for manslaughter and driving without a license. After serving 43 days in jail, he was released on home detention.
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 21 mins ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago