How is it that the party of Lincoln, a party that led the way in opposing slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynching, the KKK, poll taxes, led the way on integration and voting rights for black Americans, and percentage wise, voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act in greater numbers than Democrats is now only getting about 10% of the black vote? Democrats say racism, but any objective observer would quickly discard that explanation given the significant number of popular black Republicans. If even a large percentage of Republicans were racist, certainly Allen West, Herman Cain, Clarence...
Nicely said, Mr. Hawkins. Several insights I hadn't considered. However, one enormous point that you didn't mention. More blacks will consider becoming Republicans when it is no longer socially acceptable to call a black Republican an "Uncle Tom" or "house ni---r." Even Time magazine got into the game when it titled an article on Clarence Thomas "Uncle Tom Justice." Why would any sane black person subject him- or herself to this kind of "approved" hate speech?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 7 hours ago