I’m chomping on the chocolate bunny (ears first!) that I found in my basket and it occurs to me that believing in Christ’s resurrection requires a capitalist mindset. Certainly, you could be a capitalist without believing in Christ’s resurrection since it requires faith to believe in the resurrection. And, Christ’s primary mission on earth was not to overthrow human forms of government. However, Christ recognized as “good” a legitimate form of human government that espouses freedom, private property rights and representative authority. So, if you call yourself a Christian (as President Obama does) then I think you must also be...
Katie is a shill for the rich, like most if not all of the propagandists here. Jesus may have befriended the rich but he also supposedly said it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven. How surprising that Katie chooses to blank that out of her philosophy. She also apparently blanks out this part of the Sermon on the Mount - "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also." That's some appreciation for personal property ya got there, Jesus.
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 33 mins ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago