I’m chomping on the chocolate bunny (ears first!) that I found in my basket and it occurs to me that believing in Christ’s resurrection requires a capitalist mindset. Certainly, you could be a capitalist without believing in Christ’s resurrection since it requires faith to believe in the resurrection. And, Christ’s primary mission on earth was not to overthrow human forms of government. However, Christ recognized as “good” a legitimate form of human government that espouses freedom, private property rights and representative authority. So, if you call yourself a Christian (as President Obama does) then I think you must also be...
Katie is a shill for the rich, like most if not all of the propagandists here. Jesus may have befriended the rich but he also supposedly said it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven. How surprising that Katie chooses to blank that out of her philosophy. She also apparently blanks out this part of the Sermon on the Mount - "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also." That's some appreciation for personal property ya got there, Jesus.
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- MNSure asks for additional $12.5 million to fix website and call center Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal committee devising new dietary guidelines based on… climate change Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- National Journal: Loss in HHS contraception mandate case would “restrict access” for women Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Business groups “blindsided” by Obama overtime redefinition Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago