WASHINGTON -- I have long contended that public policy issues are as complicated as they appear because the giants of Capitol Hill like it that way, particularly the giants of the left. Bills can be written more simply. Decisions can be phrased with a certain lucidity. Yet, if they were, the electorate would mull them over and, after a cup of coffee, make a decision on them. As things stand today, with talk of budget imbalance and of esoteric matters such as "sequestration," voters scratch their heads, blink their eyes and walk away. Who gives a hoot? It is time for...
Re point 2: Will the press rally around this POS president? Or will they rally around their colleague? Interesting times.......
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 5 hours ago