WASHINGTON -- I have long contended that public policy issues are as complicated as they appear because the giants of Capitol Hill like it that way, particularly the giants of the left. Bills can be written more simply. Decisions can be phrased with a certain lucidity. Yet, if they were, the electorate would mull them over and, after a cup of coffee, make a decision on them. As things stand today, with talk of budget imbalance and of esoteric matters such as "sequestration," voters scratch their heads, blink their eyes and walk away. Who gives a hoot? It is time for...
Re point 2: Will the press rally around this POS president? Or will they rally around their colleague? Interesting times.......
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 17 hours ago