WASHINGTON -- I have long contended that public policy issues are as complicated as they appear because the giants of Capitol Hill like it that way, particularly the giants of the left. Bills can be written more simply. Decisions can be phrased with a certain lucidity. Yet, if they were, the electorate would mull them over and, after a cup of coffee, make a decision on them. As things stand today, with talk of budget imbalance and of esoteric matters such as "sequestration," voters scratch their heads, blink their eyes and walk away. Who gives a hoot? It is time for...
Re point 2: Will the press rally around this POS president? Or will they rally around their colleague? Interesting times.......
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago