There are two main reasons for this resistance -- one strategic, the other ideological. Neither is persuasive, even from a progressive point of view, at a time when trillion-dollar deficits are the norm and publicly held federal debt is projected to reach 150 percent of gross domestic product...
Since Republicans are pushing entitlement reform and Democrats like taking money from rich people, you might think they could agree on means-testing Medicare and Social Security as part of a deficit reduction deal. Yet many Democrats are surprisingly hostile to the idea of tailoring these programs to help people who actually need them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago